[LinuxPPS] Not seeing PPS with new stuff (More)

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Wed Jun 11 09:16:51 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 12:14:31PM -0600, clemens at dwf.com wrote:

> OK, I built with 2.6.24 so both patches fit w/o having to change anything.
> Still have problems.
>
> When I do:
>
>     ./ttyctrl -X -s 17 /dev/pps0
>
> The message I get is:
>
>     ttyctrl: unable to set line discipline "17" for device "/dev/pps0"
> (Inappropriate ioctl for device)
>
> /dev/pps0 is the only /dev/pps{n} device that exists so that part is right.
>
> Any thoughts?

A line discipline is referred to a serial port so you have to use the
command:

   $ ./ttyctrl -X -s 17 /dev/ttyS0

or whatever serial port you use to get PPS signal. This commands tells
to the system that you wish enable PPS ldisc and a new PPS device will
be created.

> (Incidently, Im getting errors when compiling ttyctrl, had to use the
> precompiled version)

Can you please report these errors?

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                             giometti at linux.it
Embedded Systems                     phone:	+39 349 2432127
UNIX programming                     skype:     rodolfo.giometti