[LinuxPPS] AMBA driver

Gerhard Bertelsmann info at gerhard-bertelsmann.de
Wed Jun 11 17:54:14 CEST 2008

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:

> Gerhard Bertelsmann wrote:
>
>> So, LinuxPPS is also working on Mips ADM5120 SoC (Edimax BR-6104KP).
>> Probably its the cheapest, fairly accurate NTP server ;-)
>>
> Please give more info on this system. (link?)
>
> Udo

It's a cheap WAN/DSL Router based on Mips SoC processor.

Please have a look at:

http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/BR6104#BR6104KP
http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Adm5120
http://www.omnima.co.uk/store/catalog/Embedded-controller-p-16140.html
http://openwrt.org
http://midge.vlad.org.ua/wiki
http://www.sunspot.co.uk/Projects/sweexproject.htm

I have used http://squidge.sourceforge.net as base, added
ntp-pps-2.6.24-ter.diff
and the AMBA serial patch mentioned before. Due to flash size limitation
the system
is started from a connected 256MByte USB stick laying around. The GPS
receiver itself
(Motorola Oncore UT+) is controlled by a FreeBSD machine and the same
PPS signal
is connected to the test board. The FreeBSD machine is also used as
reference to
evaluate the accuracy.

I am going to setup a little web page in the next days and

Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
> Please, consider to add your project at LinuxPPS's wiki page:
>
>    http://wiki.enneenne.com/index.php/LinuxPPS_support#LinuxPPS_based_projects
>
> Ciao,
>
> Rodolfo
make an entry on Rodolfos page if you want to.

Thanks all for your help and keep up the good LinuxPPS work !

Ciao

Gerd