[LinuxPPS] Not seeing PPS with new stuff (MORE)

Reg Clemens reg at dwf.com
Thu Jun 12 20:17:08 CEST 2008

> Mmm... it sound strange to me... are you sure that everything is ok
> into your system?  Maybe udev is blocked somewhere and doesn't create
> the /dev/pps{n} devices.
>

> Try to enable PSS after disabling udev. I think something is going
> wrong into the system since after switching the ldisc you should have
> the corresponding /dev/pps{n} entry.

No.
Im nut sure how to disable udev, BUT

The /dev/pps{n} device does get created, the real problem is that
    (1) ttyctrl hangs and cant be killed.
	>> is it necessary to keep this process running (-X) to
	>> to keep the line discipline set??
    (2) There is something going on that I dont understand (but will
          look at today, ntpd has problems doing a stat and open on
          /dev/pps0, BUT the test program doesnt...
          MUMPH....
          Will look at that and see what is REALLY going on.
    (3) In any case, the test program only sees ONE timestamp
          and then hangs,  checking /sys/class/pps/pps1 shows the same
          timestamp, so things have stopped.
--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com