[LinuxPPS] Confused by "line discipline support"

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Thu Jun 12 22:52:36 CEST 2008

Im having problems understanding what is going on with my simple test program
and with ntpd.

So I have a question.

Once we have used setctrl on /dev/ttyS0 to set the 'line discipline' (and
create
/dev/pps{n}) should /dev/ttyS0 still work 'as usual' or has it been affected by
this 'line discipline' stuff too?

I seem to be getting errors when I try to set /dev/ttyS0 to RAW and B9600 after
having set the line discipline, although right now Im confused enough that I
could be missing something simple.  I can stat the file, I just cant open it
with
the options that I want.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens