[LinuxPPS] AMBA driver

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Sun Jun 22 10:01:58 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 06:03:11PM +0200, Gerhard Bertelsmann wrote:

> I didnt have the time yet to look into ldisc. I will introduce a patch
> someday,
> when ldisc is ready and I understand the code ;-)

The job is easier than it appears! :) You should simply add the
set_ldisc method to your uart_ops struct into serial driver which
enables/disables IRQs according to the selected ldisc (see
drivers/serial/bfin_5xx.c). That's all! :)

> My first attemp to write a kernel modul / LinuxPPS seems to be successful.
> The client is working and using GPIO PIN2  (unused reset button) of the the
> Edimax BR-6104KP. I have started a test: Two ADM5120 boards  with one is
> using standard DCD and the other GPIO PIN2. I going to setup a small web
> page soon to let you know about used code and results.

Are you using the latest ldisc patch? If not, please do it! I have no
hardware to test my modifications and your reports will be very useful
to me to know if my job is correct or not.

> BTW.: Whats the status of LinuxPPS in mainline Linux kernel ? Any hopes
> to get it into 2.6.27 ?

The «last obstacle» should be this ldisc support which has been
requested by Alan Cox, but now he's helping me in order to modify the
kernel code accordingly. So I'm very optimistic! :)

After some positive test reports I'll release the next LinuxPPS stable
release into my GIT repository and provide a new patch against latest
kernel. So you can test it again with the latest kernel releases, then
I'll produce new patches for submission.

Thanks for your help,

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail: giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                          giometti at linux.it
Embedded Systems                     phone:  +39 349 2432127
UNIX programming                     skype:  rodolfo.giometti