[LinuxPPS] Timing of the #ifdef change to NTP.

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Wed Jun 25 20:39:58 CEST 2008

Without looking at the other drivers (I only support the ONCORE driver) I am
not sure how much effort is going to be involved in getting the #ifdef N_PPS
change into the NTP code.  It could be minimal, or it could be quite extensive
(lots of drivers needing changes).

The real point is that there hasn't been an NTP Production Code release in
quite
a while, and there has been a real push to finally get everything settled and
the
release out the door (there have been a number of changes/fixes).

I seriously doubt that the Linux change can make this release.
It will make it into the Development releases but not the Production release,
and the latter is what gets into the various Linux releases.

Perhaps we can argue for a quick 'dot' release once the #ifdef code has made
it into all the drivers (and the Linux Distributions have started using a
kernel
that in fact includes the linuxPPS), but thats going to be down the road a bit.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com