[LinuxPPS] Followup on PPS problem.

Cirilo Bernardo cirilo.bernardo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 02:41:37 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 12:00 AM,  <clemens at dwf.com> wrote:
> Just a followup on my previous note.
> I have rebuilt my kernel with 2.6.24.4 and the quinquies patch.
>
> Nothing has changed (surprise)
> w/o the sleep ntpd doesnt start (cant open /dev/pps1)
> with the sleep 5 it works fine.

The only thing I can think of is that there is data in the old ldisc
or something like that.  I would have expected a change in ldisc to
result in incoming/outgoing buffers being dumped or at least flushed
and the new ldisc to take effect almost immediately.  Maybe that's not
the case.

I still can't understand how this is linked to pps* though.  I tried
to pull all the sources so I can read through, but my third-world
internet connection is driving me crazy and I don't know what to do
with 'git' when a transfer is interrupted.

- Cirilo