[LinuxPPS] 2.6.24.3 errors

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 5 11:48:28 CET 2008

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Why then the change after copying the older Makefile?
> Why the small differences in the Makefile?
>
> I am not saying that is teh cause but I am trying to understand what is
> happening here.
> Even in a fresh tree.

I see:

[root at epia linux]# cat drivers/pps/Makefile
#
# Makefile for the PPS core.
#

pps_core-objs                   += pps.o kapi.o sysfs.o
obj-$(CONFIG_PPS)               += pps_core.o
obj-y                           += clients/

ifeq ($(CONFIG_PPS_DEBUG),y)
EXTRA_CFLAGS += -DDEBUG
endif
[root at epia linux]# cat drivers/pps/Makefile.bis
#
# Makefile for the PPS core.
#

pps_core-y                      := pps.o kapi.o sysfs.o
obj-$(CONFIG_PPS)               := pps_core.o
obj-y                           := clients/

ccflags-$(CONFIG_PPS_DEBUG) := -DDEBUG

Any ideas why the old Makefile could make things work?