[LinuxPPS] kernel does not see PPS on serial port

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Fri Mar 7 11:50:39 CET 2008

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 11:13:22AM +0100, LICHTENBERGER Janos wrote:

> >> With 2.6.15.7: 2.0.0
> >> 2.6.24: 5.0.0
> >
> > Very old version! A lot of changes happens since there...
> >

> I'm sorry, I don't understand this, I have downloaded the latest complete
> patched source from your server using  git two days ago:
>
> #git clone git://git.enneenne.com/linuxpps
>

> and I got the version numbers from include/linux/pps.h
>

> I thought if I clone the tree, I got the latest kernel tree with the
> latest patch kit. Am I wrong?

Yes, you are right! I refere to '2.0.0'. Wrong answer placement! :)

> >    $ cat /dev/ttyS0 &
> >

> It gives the usual garbage

Mmm... if I well understand your PPS antennea, which returns both GPS
data and PPS signal, is connected with /dev/ttyS0 and NTPD opens such
port for both features.

Can ypu please post the NTPD messages when it tries to open the serial
port and the PPS source?

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                             giometti at gnudd.com
Embedded Systems                     		giometti at linux.it
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127