[LinuxPPS] kernel does not see PPS on serial port

Cirilo Bernardo cirilo.bernardo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 12:43:37 CET 2008

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 10:29 PM, LICHTENBERGER Janos <lityi at sas.elte.hu> wrote:

>  >
>  > Hmm... refclock_jupiter?  I don't recall any work to enable pps on the
>  > Jupiter driver.  I am aware of a modification to ATOM and later NMEA,
>  > but not Jupiter.
>  >

>  When I started to use 2.6.15.7, I found a link at Rodolfo's home page to a
>  jupiter refclock patch (or was it on the page, sorry, don't remember). The
>  patch made  the Rockwell binary format working with ntpd and I confirm it
>  worked and works at the moment too, one of my experiment runs with it.
>
>  But at the moment, I think we are before any ntpd related problem, as
>  there are no PPS on DCD pin.
>
>  Janos

OK, assuming that the Jupiter driver is patched and works, and
pps_core does not register any assert/clear values in the sysfs
interface, the only thing I can think of at the moment is that
something is disabling the modem control lines on that port; for
example if 'local' is specified (CLOCAL in the TERMIOS structure for
the tty driver).  I am not familiar enough with the various serial
tools to be able to say how to easily check the current setting, or
how to change it.

- Cirilo