[LinuxPPS] kernel does not see PPS on serial port

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Fri Mar 7 22:04:20 CET 2008

OK, this thread seems to have been going on forever, so I decided to
see how things worked for me.

I pulled the current 2.6.24.3
I pulled the current ntp-pps-2.6.24-bis.diff patch
The patch applied with no problems.
I copied the .config file from my linux-2.6.23.1-PPS, and after a quick
check, made no changes.
Things compiled just fine, and the kernel booted with no problems.
NTP (with my ONCORE driver) picked up and ran with no problems.

As has been the case on several occasions before, Linux-PPS it is taking
some time to drive the OFFSET down.  After about an hour Im down
to about 3ms offset and I expect its going to take the rest of the afternoon
to get down to the 1us where it was crusing with the previous kernel.

So, basically, I see no problems.
--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com