[LinuxPPS] nanosecond precision within reach? / Re: Recommendation & Stats & architectures

James Boddington boddingt at internode.on.net
Tue Mar 18 02:37:09 CET 2008

Remco den Besten wrote:
> This (below) is perfect !
> Are you willing to share the non-kernel hackers your insights?
>
> Did you use 1000 Hz als processor timer frequency for example?

I use HZ=100 and the preemption options turned off. I have no measurements to
back this up but from memory I have been happier with these setting compared to
other HZ values and/or preemption turned on.

I have been wondering what HZ values and preemption settings others have been
using with linuxpps and whether there has been much difference between the
various settings.

I have noticed on comp.protocols.time.ntp if you mention HZ other than 100 and
linux you get told to try HZ=100.

--
    James