[LinuxPPS] Problems, but dont know who to blame...

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sat May 3 19:50:14 CEST 2008

clemens at dwf.com wrote:
> I am testing 2.6.25.1 + tri + IRQ along with the most recent ntp
> candidate 4.2.5p113, and an ONCORE PPS source.

Why not 4.2.4p4 which is deemed stable?

> At the moment Im not sure what to make of all of this, but the most
> significant problem seems to be that the offset is drifting upward each
> time you look with ntpdc.  After several hours, the offset is still LARGE,
> meaning ms not us. Trying to do some plots just gives garbage
> and is of no help.

I do not see this behaviour with a Garmin GPS-18, ntp 4.2.4.p4 on
2.6.25.1 w/ LinuxPPS-ter + IRQ patch.

If possible I would test with 4.2.4.p4 on the previous kernel that did
work OK. Stuff should be OK with 4.2.4p4 as well.

Then boot into 2.6.25.1 with IRQ patch.
Compare.
Stuff should be OK again.