[LinuxPPS] 2.6.25.1 Problem

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Sun May 4 22:59:01 CEST 2008

> On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 07:33:05PM +0200, Johan Bejeryd wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I decided to test kernel 2.6.25.1 with the low level irq support, but
> > there is a problem. Directly after "./ppsctl /dev/ttyS0 enable"  this
> > error message appears:
> >
> > BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 000000c3
> > IP: [<c0576a0f>] pps_register_cdev+0x94/0xc0
> > *pde = 34a93067 *pte = 00000000
> > Oops: 0002 [#1] SMP
> >
> > I have not had such problems with earlier kernels and Linuxpps-patches
> > on this hardware. From recent postings it appears that the patch is
> > working for you. What could be causing my problem?
> >
> > The used patch was ntp-pps-2.6.24-ter.diff.
>
> Just try using *only* ntp-pps-2.6.24-ter.diff patch and see if you
> still get the error.

I am currently running the ter patch (w/o the IRQ patch) to get a comparison
of the two, but with it ppsctl works fine, no error message.

This is both ppsctl compiled some time ago, and one compiled just now.
I will want to wait a wile before going back to ter+IRQ to test there.

So for me, works fine, at least with ter only.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com