[LinuxPPS] Fwd: 2.6.25.1 Problem

Johan Bejeryd johbe207 at student.liu.se
Mon May 5 21:47:15 CEST 2008

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 6:00 PM, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Johan Bejeryd wrote:
>  >  I still get the error, so it is obviously not the new irq patch
>  > causing trouble.
>  >
>  >  I will test with kernel 2.6.24 tomorrow since I went directly from
>  >  2.6.23.1 to 2.6.25.1.
>
>  Please do.
>  Maybe you could give some specifics of your system and/or kernel that
>  could explain the problem?
>
>  Unusual hardware?

Just tested vanilla 2.6.24 with almost identical kernel config and
there is no problem. Also tried 2.6.25  and got the same problem as
with 2.6.25.1.

NTPD is running now with Jupiter refclock. The frequency has not been
properly estimated yet so convergence is very slow, but PPS events are
registered and used by ntpd.

My hardware is not that exotic. Currently I am using an ordinary Dell
Dimension 8300 with Intel P4 for NTP stuff.  I am unsure of what could
trigger the problem on just my system. Could it be because I am using
SMP/HT? Anyhow, the system is running Fedora 8 and I have only tested
with vanilla kernels.