[LinuxPPS] More Results. (plots)

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Thu May 8 20:31:40 CEST 2008

> clemens at dwf.com wrote:
> >> Could you please make graphs available online?
> >>
> > Here are two representative plots, they are compressed Postscript.
>
> Thanks!

Note that the plots DID NOT make it to the list.
Rodolfo must have a filter that does not allow large postings.
(it was only 200k)

> > Im told that there is a well known bug in the calibration of the TSC timer
> > in recent versions of Linux, and this is probably the reason for this glitch.
>
> Doesn't your board have HPET?
> Try to find out and enable in the kernel. Maybe you have to do
> hpet=force on the kernel line in grub.

Loking at my .config file I find both

        CONFIG_X86_TSC=y
and  CONFIG_HPET_TIMER=y
       CONFIG_HPET_EMULATE_RTC=y
        CONFIG_HPET=y
        # CONFIG_HPET_RTC_IRQ is not set
        CONFIG_HPET_MMAP=y

Ill assiume that these are what you are referring to.

Ill try the 'hpet=force' and see if I see any difference, but Ill assume
from the above that it is already enabled.

So what is LINUX using TSC? HPET?
I havent been following this part of the kernel development.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com