[LinuxPPS] Which patch to use?

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sun May 11 09:34:32 CEST 2008

Jordan Hayes wrote:
>>> "apt-get upgrade" doesn't change this :-)
>> lynx www.kernel.org
>
> Sorry for the miscommunication; I said later in that message:
>
>>> Ok, so I picked the non-bis, non-ter one, and patched against
>>> 2.6.24.7
>>> from kernel.org, and then ran make menuconfig and my screens look
>>> like
>>> those on the wiki.
>
> So I am patching against 2.6.24.7 ... thre is no patch available (yet?)
> for 2.6.25.x ...

2.6.24.7 is OK for now.
-ter applies OK on 2.6.25. No hurry to go to .25 yet.

>> A p60 with 32 megs?
>
> No, it's a SolarPC with 0.5GB :-)
>
> I'll check in on it in the morning ...

If you already had 2.6.24.7 with the non-ter patch you should be able to
remove that patch (patch -R), patch with -ter and have the kernel ready
quicker.

Keep us updated!

Kind regards,
Udo