[LinuxPPS] 2.6.26...

Bernhard Schiffner bernhard at schiffner-limbach.de
Tue May 20 20:12:06 CEST 2008

Am Dienstag, 20. Mai 2008 19:03 schrieb Udo van den Heuvel:
> Was anyone here able to spot Alan Copx's tty patches for 2.6.26 in any
> or the -mm or other prereleases?
>
> If the patches are there, one could look at the line discipline
> suggestion for LinuxPPS.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Udo

In my understanding ldisc is there already for a longer time: see
include/linux/tty_ldisc.h ...

IMO it was suggested to use ldisc in the serial part of linuxpps (only) to
prevent patches in serial_core.c ("HARDPPS_CD").

Some other patches  ("STA_NANO") are integrated in 2.6.26.

What's meant today by "tty-patches" Alan knows himself only.
(BKL removal et al.)

Bernhard

(I'am not a kernel-hacker. Correct me please if I'am wrong here.)