[LinuxPPS] Kernel 2.6.24.7

Daniel Havey dhavey at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 23:38:48 CET 2008

Sorry about the second thread.  I was in digest mode.

Daniel Havey wrote:
> I have kernel 2.6.24.7 and I applied this patch ntp-pps-2.6.24.diff
> However, the PPS line discipline does not exist when I run menuconfig.
> Also the ppsldisc.c program does not exist.

Please use a more recent kernel.
Then be sure the patchapplies cleanly.

Udo

Thanks Udo, but that may be problematic.  I'm sure that the 2.5.24.7 Kernel that we are using has been hacked to support some Click Modular router stuff that we are doing.  I was hoping for a 2.6.24.7 kernel solution.  The patch applied cleanly.  I just don't have the /dev/ppsx's and the instructions seem to deviate from what the patch actually did.