[LinuxPPS] ntp-pps-2.6.28-rc6 OK

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Thu Nov 27 02:32:40 CET 2008

On Wednesday 26 November 2008 08:44:05 William S. Brasher wrote:
> The patch ntp-pps-2.6.28-rc6 applies cleanly to linux-2.6.28-rc6.
>
> The kernel built from this source runs and PPS works.

I also did not have trouble getting this to work although I am having other
issues with 2.6.28-rc6.  One that is time related is that I no longer have
access to the hpet timer and using hpet=force does not work with this newer
kernel.  In addition I did notice some interesting issues with the LinuxPPS
kernel configuration stuff.  It has parallel port support forced off and I
could not find a way to turn it on.

In addition 2.6.28 does not shutdown correctly for me and as a result I am
going to go back to my 2.6.26 install.

One interesting thing about 2.6.28 that might be of interest for LinuxPPS
users is that it now has build in support for GPIO pins and various chips that
expose GPIO pins.  Perhaps it is time to think about adding GPIO support to
LinuxPPS?

Hal