[LinuxPPS] LinuxPPS debugging

Luca Bertagnolio time at berta.com
Mon Oct 13 15:51:43 CEST 2008

Am I the only who's dreaming a module load-time option like:

modprobe pps-core debug=1

instead of needing to recompile the modules, if debugging is needed?

The LinuxTV folks have implemented in most modules a load-time
debug option like this, with the added flexibility of a bitmask which
can be implemented in order to only see a specific subset of
the debugging messages.

A check on the drivers/media/dvb subtree is well worth a visit.

Now, if I could only code C decently... I kind of know how to read
it, but coding is a totally different ballgame... :-(

Ciao, Luca