[LinuxPPS] NTP with LinuxPPS

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 14 18:22:07 CEST 2008

Venu,

Venu Gopal wrote:
>     > latest blog entry:
>     >
>     > http://neovenu.blogspot.com/
>
>     Thanks!
>     How do they look to your eyes?
>
> They look fine to me, but the only issue is the initial time taken to
> settle down.
> Even if the ntpd is run with -g option its taking 4-5 hours and I don't
> know the reason.

Hz was 100 you write.
LinuxPPS only provides PPS, no filtering, so ntpd and/or rest of the
kernel must be the cause. Maybe ask on ntp hackers?

> Otherwise the results seem to be good!

OK!

> The graphs are seen good when you click them and see in full scale.

Will have another look. ;-)

> I suppose we can proceed with fixing the NMEA driver with support for
> LinuxPPS.

Please go ahead. I noticed on the ntp website the onlin manual is
already patched. (!?)

> Any observations from your side ?

None at this time.
Maybe Rodolfo can confirm.