[LinuxPPS] 100 Hz vs 250 Hz

Luca Bertagnolio time at berta.com
Tue Oct 14 20:33:17 CEST 2008

I've been reading about this 100 vs 250 situation, but I am unsure as to what I
should really do in my case.

I run ntpd on a Pentium MMX 200 MHz machine with 128M of RAM.  Clearly
this machine does nothing else than ntpd, plus a few tiny services that I need
on my home network, but they run only sporadically.

For some reason, I have 250 Hz now configured in my kernel.  Should I recompile
with 100 Hz maybe?  Would there be any benefit, or possible issues, should I
decide to recompile with a different setting?

Google didn't help me much so far... :-(

Ciao, Luca