[LinuxPPS] PPS/ntpd fails on fresh startup

Cirilo Bernardo cirilo.bernardo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 11:28:16 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 8:24 PM, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
>> I suppose we can propose a configuration parameter for the LDISC
>> selection since this may be useful for LinuxPPS ldisc support too!
>
> Let's investigate first.
> And only after drawing the right conclusions propose something to
> somebody else.

I agree with Udo - after all, as I said it has been over a year since
I have actually read through the NTPD code.  I am only pointing out
possibilities to investigate based on what small amounts I remember of
the code (which is such a small amount that you see I had to grep the
code to make sure I did not imagine it).  However, if adding an LDISC
parameter to NTPD config can fix the problem, this also fixes some
major ugly hacks which we currently have to live with.

- Cirilo