[LinuxPPS] PPS/ntpd fails on fresh startup

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Wed Oct 15 12:27:45 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 12:14:26PM +0200, Luca Bertagnolio wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Rodolfo Giometti
> <giometti at enneenne.com> wrote:
> > Luca, what exactly the refclock_open() does with such parameter? And
> > how it is defined inside the code?
>
> there you go:
>
> /*
>  * refclock_open - open serial port for reference clock
>  *
>  * This routine opens a serial port for I/O and sets default options. It
>  * returns the file descriptor if success and zero if failure.
>  */
> [snip]

Ok, I suppose one of these functions may change the LDISC. Can you
please verify the current LDISC when the system is not functional?

LinuxPPS is 18.

If so I suppose this code may help us in solving our LDISC problem. We
only have to find a suitable mode to tell NTPD to set N_PPS ldisc
instead of the wrong one...

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail: giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                          giometti at linux.it
Embedded Systems                     phone:  +39 349 2432127
UNIX programming                     skype:  rodolfo.giometti