[LinuxPPS] PPS/ntpd fails on fresh startup

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Wed Oct 15 13:25:22 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 01:06:30PM +0200, Luca Bertagnolio wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Rodolfo Giometti
> <giometti at enneenne.com> wrote:
> > Ok, I suppose one of these functions may change the LDISC. Can you
> > please verify the current LDISC when the system is not functional?
> >
> > LinuxPPS is 18.
>
> hmmm... can you give me any hint as to I can "verify the current LDISC" on my
> system, Rodolfo?

$ stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0
speed 115200 baud; line = 0;
min = 1; time = 5;
ignbrk -brkint -icrnl -imaxbel
-opost -onlcr
-isig -icanon -iexten -echo -echoe -echok -echoctl -echoke

The "line" parameter should be 18.

> > If so I suppose this code may help us in solving our LDISC problem. We
> > only have to find a suitable mode to tell NTPD to set N_PPS ldisc
> > instead of the wrong one...
>
> Good to know that we're starting to see light at the end of the
> tunnel.  Still, I
> dont' quite understand why running ntpd the first time doesn't work, and the
> second one does...

X-files "IT division"... :)

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail: giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                          giometti at linux.it
Embedded Systems                     phone:  +39 349 2432127
UNIX programming                     skype:  rodolfo.giometti