[LinuxPPS] LinuxPPS and ONCORE receivers.

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Tue Oct 21 07:13:29 CEST 2008

There have been several contributions to this list recently from
people having a hard time getting started with LinuxPPS and NTP.
None of these problems seem to have been ONCORE specific, but...

Although I have said this before, let me repeat this:
For ONCORE users (and any ONCORE from the VP thru the M12T
should work) you need a recent copy of the ntp DEVELOPMENT
thread of drivers.  There are changes there that are not in
the STABLE drivers, and considering the rate at which things
get moved from DEVELOPMENT to STABLE, its going to
be a long time before they finally get into STABLE.  I tried
to get them pushed from DEV to STABLE, since the changes
are minor (but important) but no luck.

But DEVELOPMENT seems to work fine for everyone.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com