[LinuxPPS] LinuxPPS 5.3.2 strange behaviour

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Tue Sep 30 22:18:56 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 04:00:04PM -0400, George Spelvin wrote:

> I should note that it's a PCI serial port, which shares an interrupt
> with my main (motherboard chipset) AHCI SATA controller.

Are you using the PPS_IRQ_EVENTS option? If so sharing the IRQ line is
not correct.

The PPS_IRQ_EVENTS option is not so clear explained into the LinuxPPS
wiki... maybe me or someone else should write something about
it... any candidates? :)

> On another machine, a uniprocessor x86 with two PPS devices, the crashes
> I was having with an earlier kernel and linuxpps 5.3.1 have disappeared,
> but I still can't get both PPS sources working at once.  Running the
> second ppsldisc seems to stop the first PPS source:
>
> $ cat /sys/class/pps/pps[01]/[ac]*
> 1222761581.010014261#2
> 1222761581.011014131#2
> 1222803402.194941041#41817
> 1222803402.000020297#41816
> $ cat /sys/class/pps/pps[01]/[ac]*
> 1222761581.010014261#2
> 1222761581.011014131#2
> 1222803404.194883652#41819
> 1222803404.000020748#41818

Can you please enable the DEBUG option and repeat both tests?

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail: giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                          giometti at linux.it
Embedded Systems                     phone:  +39 349 2432127
UNIX programming                     skype:  rodolfo.giometti