[LinuxPPS] status of 2.6.29 & pps

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Tue Apr 28 19:00:21 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 28 April 2009 09:05:46 am Udo van den Heuvel wrote:

> > Did the same thing for 2.6.30-rc3:
> > http://vanheusden.com/misc/linux-2.6.30-rc3-pps-5.3.5.patch.bz2
> > not tested yet, still compiling.
>
> Please keep us updated, we need this to bridge the gap until
> a) Rodolfo reappears
> or
> b) kernel inclusion happens
>
> should we ask on linux-kernel for a status update?

I don't think this would do any good since the last activity I saw on the
kernel side was that they were waiting for the issues that were uncovered
during the 2.6.28 cycle to be resolved.

There was a long list of mostly very small things that needed to be done.
This included creating patches to move the ppsldisc and ppstest apps over to
util-linux and other clean up work.  I know that some (perhaps most or all?)
of the clean up work had been done but I do not recall anyone doing the util-
linux changes.  I have not looked at the newest patches created by Folkert*
yet to check but do these include everything that was requested by the kernel
folks during the last cycle?

Hal

* I will be testing the 2.6.29 patch set along with an rt patched kernel
either late this week or early next week.