[LinuxPPS] Patches for linuxPPS.

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Wed Dec 2 04:16:08 CET 2009

Just some more information.
In a reply to a previous note to this list:

     Re[LInuxPPS] how to tell if LinuxPPS and GPS are updating

I listed what I was doing to get a running kernel/ntp.
I noted that the two patches from Rodolfo that I included in the note would
probably
be included in the distributed kernel 'real soon'

I just received an e-mail from the kernel folks (greghk) saying that these
patches
were now in the 2.6.31-stable tree.  So it looks like we are making progress,-
if
there is a 2.6.31,7 (or 2.6.32, whichever is next) those patches should be
there.

That said, I have a question for Rodolfo (if he has read this far) what is
happening
with the other patch?  That was waiting for the kernel folks to decide if they
really
wanted to do this serial interface with the ldisc thing ( TIOSETD) or some
different
interface.  Any further exchanges on this front???
--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com