[LinuxPPS] What is the 'approved' way to start linuxpps/ntpd

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Sun Dec 6 05:33:06 CET 2009

On Saturday 05 December 2009 08:24:57 pm clemens at dwf.com wrote:
> This was brought to mind by Hal's response to the ppstest.c question.
>
> But, I no longer see the program 'ppsldisc'  as part of the linuxPPS
> serial patch.  Is there another approved way of doing this?
>
> Im still using my 'old' ppsldisc for now, but did I miss something?
>
> 'course the whole ldisc thing might change...

You should be using a patched version of ldattach from the util-linux-ng
tools.  I have not been able to get recent versions to work but these also
fail for me when I try ppsldisc.  So I don't think ldattach is my issue.

I am working with the 2.6.32... patch set right now.  More info abut this
soon.

Hal