[LinuxPPS] Confused with ppstest.c on 2.6.31

Luca Bertagnolio time at berta.com
Sun Dec 6 10:19:14 CET 2009

Thanks Hal, appreciate the clarification on the missing header file.

I have to say that my tests did not make me move forward at all,
and so, shame on me (!), for the very first time I installed FreeBSD
on a virtual machine, understood how it works with PPS_KERNEL
and all that jazz, and finally installed it on my very underpowered
Pentium MMX 200 MHz machine, together with the latest 247-RC
ntpd code.

I will want to move back that machine to Gentoo Linux someday,
so that I keep a coherent Linux distribution on all the machines,
but I had grown tired of all the work needed behind the scenes
on Linux, so the slow machine (which is the "official" ntp server)
now runs FreeBSD without problems, while I shall use another
machine for the LinuxPPS tests.

Will you still accept me in this group, now that I have betrayed
LinuxPPS in favour of the native PPS implementaion of FreeBSD?

:-D

Ciao, Luca