[LinuxPPS] New test release

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 6 08:17:26 CET 2009

On 2009-12-06 05:42, Hal V. Engel wrote:
> I also noticed that the wiki page says that ldattach needs to be patched but
> that the patch might be included in the development repositories of linux-
> utils-ng (it is not in git at this point) so I patched and installed the git
> version.  This did not affect the behavior at all.

It just adds impliciet support for PPS line discipline but is not really
needed. See
http://wiki.enneenne.com/index.php/LinuxPPS_installation#Testing_the_new_system

> I am not sure why this is not working.  Perhaps I messed something up or
> perhaps there is something wrong with the patches.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you for investigating. I think ldattach is not the problem. I
looked at the line discipline changes when running ppsldisc or ldattach
and saw no difference.
This LinuxPPS bug must be squashed before it can go mainstream...
How can we do this?

I use ppsldisc. I get a `frozen` assert/clear at first ntpd start, so I
kill ppsldisc and ntpd. Second time it mostly is OK.
This is the same issue?
If not, it also must be fixed.
How can we do this?