[LinuxPPS] New test release

Miroslav Lichvar mlichvar at redhat.com
Tue Dec 8 17:18:22 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 06:15:14PM +0100, Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
> here you can find a new LinuxPPS test release against kernel
> 2.6.32-rc8:
>
>    http://ftp.enneenne.com/pub/misc/linuxpps/patches/tests/ntp-pps-v2.6.32-rc8.diff
>
> Please, test it and report __to me__ the results. Please, send your
> reports __directly to me__ and put the mail list address into Cc.

Not sure if you are still interested in test reports, but it works for
me perfectly with PPS signal from GPS 18x LVC attached to serial port.
I have applied the patch to Fedora 2.6.32-3.fc13 kernel.

The ntp-pps-v2.6.31 patch worked for me too. I don't see any
regressions or changes in performance.

BTW, is there a plan to move the testpps.h file from documentation to
linux headers? Or should it be in glibc headers?

Thanks,

--
Miroslav Lichvar