[LinuxPPS] Why is my ATOM clock a falseticker?

Cirilo Bernardo cirilo.bernardo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 06:31:59 CET 2009

On 2/3/09, Paul Simons <paul at thesimonet.org> wrote:
> Alas, I have to admit that I have no idea what you are talking about.  Which
> event counter and what time?  And, speaking of time, does anyone know why my

[snip]

I mean the counter on the PPS /sys/class/pps/pps*/{clear,assert}
virtual files.  You can just record the current time and the counter
value on one day, then do the same the next day. The counter should
match exactly the number of seconds elapsed if the PPS signal has been
reliable.  You can also check the kernel timestamp associated with the
counter but that may drift from what NTP reports.

- Cirilo