[LinuxPPS] linux-kernel comments

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 4 18:29:58 CET 2009

Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
>> The splitting of the header file is a bigger design question so I leave
>> that to you.
>
> I prefere don't do it right now but after inclusion. As you can see I
> posted only LinuxPPS core since other parts must be revisited and I
> prefere obtain at least a minimal inclusion but something stable. :)

I see. I can agree I think.

> Regarding LinuxPPS documentation I'm thinking about giving to you a
> write access to my wiki so you can manage LinuxPPS's doc directly by
> yourself. Of course you have to _swear_ to me that you _never_ touch
> other parts! :P

That's no problem.

> What do you thinka about this?

I think I can work with that!

I just need input on the changes from you and others.
I run LinuxPPS on i386 and stuff on e.g. x86_64 or other distro's might
be slightly different and the documentation needs to help a largest
`piece of the pie` as possible.

E.g.: What about the projectstatus? there is no real section for that.
I could say that the code basically works and is waiting for kernel
inclusion. There are no big bugs AFAIK, and a small yet active community.

About the userland config: we are in discussion.
We can work something out there I think.

Udo