[LinuxPPS] LinuxPPS kernel interface

George Spelvin linux at horizon.com
Sun Feb 8 05:00:18 CET 2009

lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca (Lennart Sorensen) wrote:
> Have you looked at the PPS code Rodolfo Giometti has been working on and
> has been working hard to get in to the kernel?  It works very well, and
> I think probably does everything (or at least most of what) you
> mentioned.  I have been using it for a couple of years now.

Er, yes, I'm sorry if I left out that bit of background; I had meant to
imply it when I mentioned "LinuxPPS" in the subject line, which I think
of as Rodolfo's code base.  I was starting from that implementation,
my patches were to that code, and I was thinking about further changes.

> I would not start working on yet another implementation.

It's not; I've been working on improvements to Rodolfo's code.
(For example, I think the PPS_FETCH ioctl interface could use it.)