[LinuxPPS] ntptime status - relaunch of that issue

Felix Joussein felix.joussein at gmx.at
Tue Feb 24 08:58:57 CET 2009

Hello again,

once more I have doublechecked my setup procedure.
Although I have followed the setup instructions precisely, still the
jitter / offset problem appears!
I played around with different hardware and realised, that then faster a
machine is, then less the offset / jitter is.
For example on an amd64 X2 5000+ jitter/offset is about 0,100 - 0,010
+/- while with the Pentium M processor the offset/jitter rises up far
beyond 1,000...

I think, the Pentium M (1700MHz) should be way enough for a ntp server?

Can anyone send me a kernel .config file, if possible for a pps patched
2.6.28  kernel  and write down their ntp ./configure parameters...

Also, when building the ntp server, which timex.h or linuxpps.h files do
I have to put in which (sub)-directory under /usr/include?

Thank you all once more for your help.

regards,

Felix