[LinuxPPS] git my-linuxpps-clone/include/ missing asm-x86 ??

Nikos Mouat nikm at cyberflunk.com
Wed Jan 7 19:31:11 CET 2009

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to update my kernel from an old patched PPS build that PPS is
no longer working on to a current 2.6.28-rc6 using git.

I have an up to date tree (I pulled it yesterday) but I don't see x86
support in the include dir?????

[my-linuxpps-clone]# git pull
Already up-to-date.
[my-linuxpps-clone]# ls include/
acpi         asm-h8300    asm-xtensa  keys      mtd     rxrpc  video
asm-arm      asm-m32r     crypto      linux     net     scsi   xen
asm-frv      asm-m68k     drm         math-emu  pcmcia  sound
asm-generic  asm-mn10300  Kbuild      media     rdma    trace
[my-linuxpps-clone]#

vs. a old 2.6.26.1 include tree:

# ls include
acpi          asm-frv        asm-mips     asm-sparc    crypto    net     xen
asm           asm-generic    asm-mn10300  asm-sparc64  Kbuild    pcmcia
asm-alpha     asm-h8300      asm-parisc   asm-um       keys      rdma
asm-arm       asm-ia64       asm-powerpc  asm-v850     linux     rxrpc
asm-avr32     asm-m32r       asm-ppc      asm-x86      math-emu  scsi
asm-blackfin  asm-m68k       asm-s390     asm-xtensa   media     sound
asm-cris      asm-m68knommu  asm-sh       config       mtd       video
#

I'm looking at http://wiki.enneenne.com/index.php/LinuxPPS_installation
and I see no mention of any funniness regarding header files other than in
the userland section.

What am I missing??

Thanks!

Nikos Mouat