[LinuxPPS] I'm still here! :)

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Thu Jan 8 19:55:36 CET 2009

Hello.

First of all, please, forgive me for my delay in answering to your
e-mails (or for not answring at all), but in the last days I was very
busy, so I decided to dedicate all my free time to higher priority
tasks. Also I went to holidays for two weeks during Xmas and my wife
blocked my internet connection. :)

Now, let me say something about LinuxPPS status.

I think kernel inclusion is not close for two main reasons:

1) Alan changed his mind regarding serial support (I suppose he
now preferes the setserial solution instead of ldisc...),

2) Andrew asked to me (again) more changes to the code (i still don't
know why) which will take time to be done, and now I have very few
time to dedicate to LinuxPPS. I hope to work at LinuxPPS project
during this weekend but I cannot promise it...

I'll post on this list every news I get in these days about kernel
inclusion.

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail: giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                          giometti at linux.it
Embedded Systems                     phone:  +39 349 2432127
UNIX programming                     skype:  rodolfo.giometti