[LinuxPPS] cross posting [time-nuts] NTP API on Linux 2.6.26

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 11 09:45:40 CET 2009

Hal V. Engel wrote:
> You configure like this:
>
> ./configure LIBS="-lrt" <what ever options you need for your refclocks>

Fedora's ntp rpm patches the makfiles like I posted for -lrt, does that
have a similar effect?

> If you parse through the output from the configure you should see:
>
> checking for clock_gettime... yes
> checking for clock_settime... yes

I see it with teh more or less stock fedora rpm.

Still the precision is in 1.x us. Not 0.00x us....

I use:
Name        : glibc                        Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.9                               Vendor: Fedora Project
Release     : 2                             Build Date: Fri 14 Nov 2008
12:41:55 AM CET

So what could be lacking?
How can I check why it doesn't give me the extra precision?

Udo