[LinuxPPS] building ntpd for debian with nmea patch applied

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Jan 11 20:45:38 CET 2009

Udo van den Heuvel skrev:
>>> No, that's not what I meant. It didn't work the first time.
>>> Why did it now? *That* difference.
>> I gave up on the debian package and did a /usr/local install
>
> Ah, OK, so the Debian problem is still open.
> Nobody here using Debian?

I am. glibc-2.7 does not really help the issue.

I don't think the glibc-2.7 should be patched in the Debian package, it
shall be properly patched upstreams. That way it does not break binary
compatibility within the 2.7 libc dynamic library files.

In the meanwhile, a pre-patch which can be made to work properly would
be interesting, but feeding into Debian and glibc is priority I think.

Just using a patched timex.h provided a working ntp_gettime in respect
to the TAI offset was a step in the right direction. I look forward it
it being verified to work throughout such that NTPD compile. Possibly is
there some work to be done to the configure.ac of NTPD.

Cheers,
Magnus