[LinuxPPS] Linuxpps on 2.6.28 vs. ntpd 4.2.4p6

Folkert van Heusden folkert at vanheusden.com
Wed Jan 14 18:34:24 CET 2009

> Well, you seem to be describing two problems.
> For the first of these, in your script, first do the ppsldisc, then sleep
> for 5 seconds before trying to start ntpd.  It takes a while for the device
> to get built, and I found that putting in the 5 second sleep solved my
> problems.

Instead of a 5 second delay you can also use 'w4d': http://www.vanheusden.com/w4d/
That waits for a device to become available. Might you save a second or
more.

Folkert van Heusden

--
MultiTail cok yonlu kullanimli bir program, loglari okumak, verilen
kommandolari yerine getirebilen. Filter, renk verme, merge, 'diff-