[LinuxPPS] I'm still here! :)

Heiko Gerstung heiko.gerstung at meinberg.de
Fri Jan 16 11:27:51 CET 2009

Udo,

thanks a lot. Maybe we should form some sort of a task force for
LinuxPPS, Hal already did a great job breaking this whole thing into
several pieces:

1. Rewrite the in-line documentation to the kernel standards.  Make sure these
are not flagged in anyway by checkpatch.pl.  Doc change - possible non-programmer task.

2. Clean up ioctl code to not use depreciated constructs and eliminate
redundant code.

3. Divide pps.h into two header files. One for userspace ABI and one for
kernel only  interfaces.

4. Remove conditional includes from the pps.h derivatives.

So, you would be willing to work on 1. if I understood you correctly.
Anyone else up for 2. to 4. ?

Regards,
 Heiko