[LinuxPPS] task force was I'm still here! :)

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 25 09:18:27 CET 2009

Heiko Gerstung wrote:
>>> 1. Rewrite the in-line documentation to the kernel standards.  Make
>>> sure these are not flagged in anyway by checkpatch.pl.  Doc change -
>>> possible non-programmer task.

> Here is what Hal posted from Alans comments:
>
>> linuxpps-core-support.patch
>

>> looks generally good, but the comments should get a little loving.

So the functions need new comments? (see down)

>> Please remove the stupid filenames that always get out of sync in
>> the top of file comments,

I.e.:

+/*
+ * timepps.h -- PPS API main header
+ *
+ * Copyright (C) 2005-2007   Rodolfo Giometti <giometti at linux.it>
+ *
+ *   This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify

becomes

+/*
+ * PPS API main header
+ *
+ * Copyright (C) 2005-2007   Rodolfo Giometti <giometti at linux.it>
+ *
+ *   This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify

?

  and make the documentation of exported
>> symbols kernel-doc instead of it's weird own format.

This is about sysfs-pps?

> I guess he means that there should be a little bit more comments and the
> ones that are there should be expanded a little bit.

One example for me to understand better, I started with timepps.h

/**
  * time_pps_create() - create pps source
  * @arg1:       source
  * @arg2:       handle
  *
  * Creates pps source from device passed in handle
  *
  **/

static __inline int time_pps_create(int source, pps_handle_t *handle)

Is this anything like it should be?
Feedback welcome!