[LinuxPPS] 1PPS Atom Ref Clock Not being Polled?

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Wed Jul 22 07:07:27 CEST 2009

> Hello All,
>
> After much effort, reading, and trial and error I am, I think, quite close
> to finally getting my NTP setup working with a local 1PPS signal from my
> GPS unit (TrueTime/Symmetricom XL-DC). The one sentence description of my
> current problem is: Everything appears to be setup OK, things run as they
> should, with the exception that my PPS source is never polled (even with
> multiple ntp pool servers and waiting a long time). I'll give a quick
> overview of my procedure below with the detailed info at the bottom.
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I would make one suggestion.
Instead of the ntp PRODUCTION version 4.2.4p7, try running the DEVELOPMENT
version 4.2.5p190 (or whatever its up to when you read this).

Any fixes (and there have been a lot since the production version was
released,-
like anything to do with LINUXPPS) are in the development version of the code.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com