[LinuxPPS] ldattach + Debian Lenny

Joshua Anhalt anhalt at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Jun 5 16:26:55 CEST 2009

Debian Stable (Lenny) is currently using a 2.13 variant of util-linux.
(A summary of versions of util-linux for each debian release is copied
at the end of this e-mail.)

Debian Unstable (sid) uses version 2.15 of util-linux, and includes
ldattach.  (The next link shows ldattach is included in the unstable/
sid version of debian.)
	http://packages.debian.org/sid/i386/util-linux/filelist

Unfortunately, I don't know of a safe way to use the unstable package
on a stable machine. (Personally, I would not want to mix packages,
especially for something as fundamental as util-linux.  I would
recommend compiling ldattach from source.)

 From http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=util-linux&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

• etch (oldstable) (utils): Miscellaneous system utilities
2.12r-19etch1: alpha amd64 arm hppa i386 ia64 mips mipsel powerpc s390
sparc

• etch-m68k (utils): Miscellaneous system utilities
2.12r-19: m68k

• lenny (stable) (utils): Miscellaneous system utilities
2.13.1.1-1: alpha amd64 arm armel hppa i386 ia64 mips mipsel powerpc
s390 sparc

• squeeze (testing) (utils): Miscellaneous system utilities
2.13.1.1-1: alpha amd64 armel hppa i386 ia64 mips mipsel powerpc s390
sparc

• sid (unstable) (utils): Miscellaneous system utilities
2.15.1~rc1-1: alpha amd64 armel hppa i386 ia64 kfreebsd-amd64 kfreebsd-
i386 m68k mips mipsel powerpc s390 sparc
2.12-3: hurd-i386

Joshua