[LinuxPPS] Cloning LinuxPPS with Git

Andrew Hills madam.cyborg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 17:52:58 CEST 2009

Hi all--short time reader, first time poster.

I'm trying to clone as described in the wiki with:
   git clone git://git.enneenne.com/linuxpps
Last night, it was going very slowly--2KiB/s max. I canceled because I
thought it was a problem on my end. However, I just finished cloning:
   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git
without an issue. My download speed was over 800KiB/s. Additionally,
when I attempt to clone LinuxPPS now, I get:
   fatal: read error (Connection reset by peer)
right after the "Initialized empty Git repository" line. (This happens
on two machines on the same network.) I can access:
   http://gitweb.enneenne.com/?p=linuxpps;a=summary
from my browser (on a Windows machine on the same network) with no issue.

On the other hand, a friend in Australia is able to download at 8KiB/s
as I write this. (I'm in western Massachusetts.) This makes me think the
error is still on my side. Thoughts? Suggestions?

--Andrew Hills