[LinuxPPS] Cloning LinuxPPS with Git

Andrew Hills madam.cyborg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 08:23:53 CEST 2009

 > 5!? That is old...

Yes. Unfortunately, I'm not authorized (yet) to replace the system
installed by the person before me, since on our other machines, the
system works. The documentation for FC5 is sparse at best.

 > As long as the userland is up to date enough, you can grab any recent
 > kernel, patch and be happy.

The userland is not up to date enough. I think I might end up cloning
another machine (they're identical in hardware) instead of rebuilding,
but I really want to learn the PPS system from the inside out. Right
now, I'm determining whether the problem is NTP or the kernel (provided
it's not a hardware issue).

--Andrew Hills