[LinuxPPS] ldattach + Debian Lenny - Epilogue

Felix Joussein felix.joussein at gmx.at
Mon Jun 8 16:34:21 CEST 2009

Thank you Udo for the wiki update. I think now it's quiet clear where to
get it!

Regarding the "not working" ldattach:
I think, I have not clearly said, what I meant, so here an other try:

Using Kernel 2.6.30-rc5 + ntp-pps-v2.6.30-rc5-bis.diff:

ldattach 18 /dev/ttyS0 creates /dev/pps0
ppstest does not retrieve any data, and the files "assert" and "clear"
don't increase.... standing still - both 0.00000000#0.

Using Kernel  2.6.28 + ntp-pps-2.6.28-rc6-bis.diff:
ppsldisc /dev/ttyS0 creates /dev/pps0
ppstest works fine but ntp sync takes an eternity.

And here is the bug surprise:    ldattach also works!

Where else is the error? What causes the malfunction?

Regards,

Felix